Friday, March 22, 2013

Google Keep: Can it Replace Evernote?

In an effort to compete with the popular Evernote, Google recently unveiled Google Keep, an Android app which allows you to bookmark sites, make notes, record memos, add graphics and color-code notes for sorting. The Android app syncs with your Google Drive account. The first thing I thought of when I read about this was, could this really be used instead of Evernote? After all, my iPhone has always had notes. I could make a list of things there. My calendar alerts me to events. Without an Apple app, Google Keep can be used only by Android users. Strike one. But rather than make the decision for you, I will present information about both Google Keep and Evernote, with a few reviews I found online. One thing I will say is that I LOVE Evernote, so if Google wants to compete, they will have to up their game. What do you think?




6 Reasons Google Keep Can't Replace Evernote- GIZMODO

Google Keep Challenges Evernote for Top Android Note Taking App- GottaBeMobile

Google Keep: Worth Trying With Caution- TIME article

Google Keep, an Overdue Answer to Evernote, Arrives- Wired

Hands on with Google Keep: Can it Slay Evernote?- PC World

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

AddToAny